Friday, July 23, 2010

The Pops would be proud

I forgot to tell my dad this story back when it happened so I'm going to tell him this way. I only remembered this story because I was folding invoices and one of the addresses was on Studebaker Road. I then told someone walking by and said, "Studebaker, like the car! Isn't that cool!" and they looked at me like I had three heads. They just don't realize how awesome a Stude really is, so uncultured.

Back to the story I forgot to tell my Pops...Last Saturday I was at my Grandpa's. He rebuilds/restores classic cars. My grandpa is totally cool, I know, you don't have to tell me. Try not to be jealous.
Well his Stang (that's code word for Mustang) was sitting in the driveway while my cousin's friend and I were waiting for my cousin so we can go on a walk. The friend asks me, "What year is your grandpa's Mustang?" I reply as cool as a glass of water, "a '66"
"How can you tell?" she asked.
Without even a second passing, I walk up to the Stang and point to one of the scoops (that is total car lingo, right there) and say, "See these three spokes in the scoop? The '66 is the only year that has them" I almost went off about the grill but I could see I was losing her interest.  So I said, "If you stick around this family long enough you'll learn everything you ever wanted to know, and some stuff you didn't, about classic cars."

See Padre, I have listened all those times we've walked around car shows and you've pointed stuff out to me.

1 comment: