Saturday, July 10, 2010

More blooming

Now that it's July different flowers are blooming, here are a few.
This lily is called a Tiger Yellow Star, I have two planted but since this one came up last year (never flowered though) it is now 5 feet tall where as the other one is only 2. I was lied to when I bought these on-line, I was told that they'd flower into September. No, the blooms only last a week before they start to dry up. Oh well, they're still really pretty.

The blanket flowers I started from seed and transferred many to my garden, this is the only one that has started to flower. It's still only a baby bloom so it's tiny. All the fluffy parts of the plant will be flowers soon, it'll have a ton! They'll grow a little over 2 feet tall and should bloom through out the summer, cross your fingers with me that they do.

These poppies are some free seeds I got with the drama queen poppies. The drama queens have already bloomed through and weren't as spectacular as they showed in the picture. Oh well, at least they added some color.
These free ones are nice because they're all a different color and texture, even on the same plant. One bad thing though is that the blooms dont last that long. Sometimes I'd notice a bloom on my way to work but when I got home all the petals had fallen off. I hope these and the drama queens will reseed themselves for next year.

I also have some dahlias that have bloomed but they're really pathetic small blooms so far so I didn't take any pictures.
Some things on the list to bloom any day now are my ground cover peacocks, more dahlias, blanket flowers, flowering shamrocks, giant pink lilies and some exoticas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment