Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More flowers

Are you tired of flower posts yet? That sucks if you are because this happens to be another flower post. It's my blog and I'll post all the flower posts I want!  :)

This little guy is from one of the cosmo seeds I bought earlier but I didn't think I had planted one right there. Every time I walked past it I thought, "Is that a weed? I should pull it. Naaa, I'll just leave it and see what happens." Well this is what happened, it bloomed some beautiful yellow flowers. I still have some seeds left so I'll definitely be planting more next year since it's a annual and wont come back. 

Isn't this dahlia beautiful? It's the first of the ones that I grew indoors to bloom. Okay I just fibbed to you, its
the first to not bloom all retarded and on the bottom of the plant like the white one below. All the ones I planted from seed are going to surprise me with their colors since I bought a variety pack. I love seeing the buds starting to open.


Okay I know the above looks a little pathetic, but it's the start of the peacock ground cover blooming. Come mid-August this plant will be covered in tiny blue blooms. Two of the three plants have grown so wide in the past year that I will probably have to split them.

Look how far the blanket flowers have come in just a few weeks! They're so pretty and really brighten the garden. They grew taller than I thought they would so I'll have to do some rearranging in the fall.

2 comments:

  1. So, I have an area to start growing flowers. You've gotta tell me what websites you get your flowers from. Wal-mart and all these stores have ugly-we-all-look-the-same flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. directgardening.com has the best deals and a killer selection.
    Dutchbulbs.com has a lot of good stuff but they're pricey.
    I buy my seeds from amazon.com.
    Remember that we're zone 5 and lower, you can push to zone 6 if you baby the plant.

    ReplyDelete