Tuesday, July 6, 2010

new brushes

Who would have thought that new brushes would change so much?
I broke my everyday make-up bag's zipper a couple of weeks ago so I needed a replacement. While grocery shopping I grabbed the first bag I saw since it really was the only one and I liked that it came with brushes.
When I got home I threw away my old brushes (the ones from like 10th grade and covered in cat spit since Sophi loved to carry them around in our apartment living days) and stocked the new bag.

This morning after my invigorating (it says so on the bottle) scrub with my St Ives apricot scrub, I applied my make-up with the new brushes. I use a knock off version on the Bare Minerals that I found a few years ago (if you need convincing on mineral make-up just let me know, I will never go back to liquid crap) and it's always been nice to apply but with the new brush, oh my! It went on really smooth and I don't think my face has ever looked so flawless. I'm in love. My face is now matte perfection.
I'm glad I didn't go with my first thought of, "this is such an ugly bag...maybe I'll find another one..." and just bought it. 

They're the Ecotools by Alicia Silverstone and I highly recommend them (along with mineral make-up). The brushes are made of  highly sustainable bamboo handles, 100% cruelty-free, soft taklon bristles and  recycled aluminum ferrules. The bag is natural hemp fabric printed with non-toxic ink. It's sold at Wal-Mart and I think it's around $14 though I'm not too sure on that since I have a bad habit of never looking at the price tag.
If you buy them let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment