To start off with, lets see if we actually did anything on the list I made at the end of 2012
•swamp cooler off the house and skylight put in - this wasn't done, but for sure will be in 2014 since we have to put a new roof on the house. I'm sad to say that a new roof, fascia, soffit and rain gutter will be our "big trip" next year, but a shouldn't complain about a roof over my head.
•backyard garden worked on - If this was done it was very minamal. Working two jobs and teaching a quilting class took a toll on me and since I didn't quit that second job until September I didn't really have time or energy for the garden. In fact, I didn't even weed it before the snow hit.
•seamless rain gutters installed - this will also be done when the new roof is installed...I hope
•fish tank done!!!!! - this is done! not very many fish in it yet, but hey it has water! It's not really up to the standard I'd like because we just haven't had to money I'd like to put into it. Maybe 2014 will help make it nicer.
•vacation to NYC - One of the bests trips I've ever been on. I'll be back for sure!
•craft room re-modeled - I thought I was just dreaming on this bullet point, but it actually came to be. The room is complete, but we slowed on buying furniture since money is now going into my new car fund. Luckily John is building most of the furniture so really I just won't have my main storage cabinet or the recliner chair for a while. I have moved back in and loving the space.
Some other amazing things that I have loved about 2013:
- Winston joining us downstairs for the first time after getting his gold beads put in.
- Starting and teaching a quilting class with some girls I work with. This has really been a blast and I think it would be a dream come true to keep doing it! Our "Block of the Month" is almost over so I'll see if they want to start up again.
- John installing cubbies and remodeling our coat closet. I really do think that this is one of my favorite renos and it was the cheapest thing that no one ever sees. It just looks so organized!
- I hit my 5 year mark at my current job and I don't have any plans on leaving.
- As of December 15th, John and I have been married for 6 years. 6 wonderful, amazing, glorious years. We did a quiet celebration this year since my car started to crap out on us (see above about craft room furniture). We saw Elf the Muscial, only because I bought tickets a couple months ago. We saw the movie About Time, which has now sky rocketed to the top of my favorite romantic comedy films. And we had dinner at Brio, which even though its not our usual fancy feast we still walked away very full, very happy and about $100 poorer. We both agreed on no gifts, but being with each other was gift enough (is that dripping in enough cheese for you?)
Here's what I hope 2014 brings for us:
- New roof and everything that goes with it!
- New car for me
- A smallish trip, anywhere will do.
- More remodeling because I just can't get enough and I already have some ideas!
- And just because last year I added a pipe dream and it came true - convince John to hire a maid.