Friday, July 23, 2010

Dinner

Last night I didn't get home until 8 PM because of work and then a nail appointment. John had text me earlier in the day asking what I wanted for dinner, I told him to make something for himself and then I would make me something when I got home. He then suggested that we go to dinner. Angels sung in the heavens when I read that. I secretly didn't want to make dinner for myself.

I was craving a baked potato like a homeless person craves aluminum cans....also probably baked potatoes...and the only place I could think of that has them was Texas Roadhouse. In hindsight I'm sure many other places have baked potatoes.
Anyway, not that I have anything really against Texas Roadhouse I just don't like that it's insanely loud and overly crowded all the time (I have this massive hatred towards overly crowed areas, that's why I never go shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. I get this from my father).

Well TR didn't disappoint, it was its rip roaring, loud, crowded self but I was starving so I was willingly lead to our terribly placed booth. When we met our waiter I instantly thought, "Oh crap". Just one of those over annoying personalities who emphasizes every other word they say. He brought us our drinks right away, but then disappeared off the face of the earth for 20 minutes. Was he ever going to come back and take our order? My stomach had started eating itself by then.
So I'm sitting there thinking terrible thoughts of our waiter and trying to pretend to be interested in John's story about guys he works with that I don't even know when out of the corner of my eye I see our waiter chatting it up at a table full of hotties. I then death stare the back of his head, but it was a no go, he chatted for a good 10 minutes! When he came back to us I was livid and forgot how to say please and thank you, instead I said, "Chicken fried steak, baked potato with cheese, A LOT of cheese! and apple sauce" Death starred waiter until John finished his order and then grumbled about how I will possible die at TR.

FINALLY our food came. I snatched my plate out of the waiters hands and started inhaling my food. Then I noticed some 6 year old in the booth behind John was standing on his seat watching me eat. I hate this no matter the children's age, but 6?!?! (okay I don't know if the child was 6 but he was oldish) Parents, no matter how cute you think your kid is it doesn't mean I want to look at/be looked at by them, its awkward and one of my least favorite things in the whole entire world. If you child doesn't stop I will be forced to do something very unlady like.
I started making disturbing faces to the child and I must have frightened him because he finally sat down and didn't get back up. GOOD, now I can eat in peace.
Nope, no such luck because then someone walking out of TR saw the people in the booth behind me and they hadn't seen each other in 10,856 years and had to brag about their life! yay! seriously, this woman would win the Olympics of bragging. "Oh Scottie? He met the love of his life two months ago and is getting married next week. Rob just got ANOTHER promotion! Sara just learned how to roller skate! Want to hear about my awesome sex life? no? Well too bad I'll tell you anyway at the top of my lungs because I'm that awesome!!!"
Just as I was about to stab the lady with my potato covered fork in a fit of rage she decided that her bragging was done (probably could feel my wrath) and skipped merrily out the door.

When we got home it was pushing 10 PM and that's my bed time. It's not good to go to sleep on a full stomach, it makes you fat (p.s. thank you grandma for pointing out my weight gain repeatedly since I didn't notice I had and didn't already have issues with it) so I ran around the backyard with the dogs to work off my dinner. Truthfully I don't care if I was pissing off my neighbors with my girly laughs and the dogs barking. Stop throwing steak knives in my backyard and I'll stop laughing loudly at 10:05 at night! (okay that only happened once but I will hold it against them until the day I die. On my death bed I will tell everyone about it so they'll gasp loudly)

The rest is boring because I just went in and went to bed. I know, my life is super exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment