Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Family camping

We were invited to go camping with John's half sister's family last weekend, what a blast!
For the dogs first camping trip they did really well, only whining when I left to go on the four wheeler. Other than that they just laid in the dirt next to our chairs and napped.

Friday night after setting up camp my brother in law and I went for a ride on the four wheelers. Just a few minutes out with me in the lead I crashed into a bush :). Let me explain, I was coming down a hill that went right into a turn, I hit a bump, lost the hand breaks (since my finger tips barely hit them when they're not compressed), missed the turn and went into the bush. After Ben and I had a good laugh at my expense he pushed me out and we carried on our way.
After some dinner Ben, John and I went back out. I took Enna along to see how she'd do. She loved it. She would stand on her hind legs when we went really fast so she could get more wind and loved watching the wild life fly by.

The first night I slept awful, our air mattress was on a slight hill so I felt like I was sliding the whole night. An appendage would also fall asleep no matter what way I slept so I'd have to wake up a hand or foot all night long.
At least the dogs slept peacefully and didn't make a peep until the next morning.
Here they are looking sleepy in their crate. Poor Enna was shivering, but I don't know if it was from the cold or that she wanted out really badly.

Only one off leash walk with the dogs since it's an ATV campground and it was a quick one, but the dogs loved jumping through the tall grass and chasing the potguts.

During the day everyone convinced my mother in law to get on the back of a four wheeler. Looks like she had a blast doesn't it?

Saturday night we went on a short hike around the campsite with the kids. They found this cute teeter totter and had to hop on for a ride.

Sunday morning we took our time getting packed back up and took one more trip out on the four wheelers. This time I finally took my camera along and shot some pictures. It was gorgeous there. Fairview Canyon is on of my favorite places to camp, could be because that's where I went the most as a child.
This is the back of John's head as I try not to fall off the back of the four wheeler.

When we got back to camp we finished packing up and headed on home. Everyone got a bath when we got home and washed about 20 pounds of dirt off.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, looks so fun! Gosh I have fallen behind on checking blogs. Can Makoa sleep with a pad in his crate now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's doing so good. I'm worried to say anything just because I dont want to jinx it.
    I've even been leaving it in his crate during the day, I make sure to put in some chew toys so he wont get bored and start chewing the pad but it's been a couple weeks and he hasn't chewed it at all.

    ReplyDelete