Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flowers and such

Like I said, most of my flowers have bloomed and I have to say I think the bed looks pretty good for only being a year old! I like to walk the beds every day to see what's new and exciting, also to pull the occasional weed.
This bed is doing far better than the one on the left. I think it's because it was getting more water from the sprinkling system, but I should have fixed that. I bought this little sprinkling kit that hooks onto the hose faucet, a little unsightly but it gets the job done.

A few more flowers still need to bloom; the rest of my lilies, my dianthus and peacocks, my blanket flowers, cosmos and dahlias. But I do think the garden is looking nice, very cottagey in my opinion.

Here is my mini rose bush in the left bed. My family gave it to me for my last birthday and I love it. The last frosts sure got to it though so the leaves aren't looking that great, at least the flowers are intact.

I would like to take credit for this beautiful dahlia but I cant, it's one I bought last Friday for the left bed. Not a lot is blooming over there so I felt like it needed some cheering up. I hope my poppies bloom this year, they'll really liven the place up.
(yes those are forks you can see in the pictures. I had a huge cat problem last year and they killed a lot of my flowers, especially the left bed. So I'm trying everything in my power to get them to stop using my garden as a litter box)

Let me show you what I did last night:

That right there is 4 GFCI sockets hooked together *fist pumps air* That's pretty rad in my book and I'm very pleased with myself.
John loves to micro manage and usually I sit quietly and let him tell me how everything goes together even though I know what I'm doing. I couldn't hold my smile though once he started telling me how to know which way is up on the socket. He then promised he'll try really hard not to micro manage.

Want to see what John did last night? Well that's too bad because I'm not going to show you. It would look like he did more than me and maybe he did but I like to pretend that my work was harder and I dont want to distract from my awesomeness. So lets focus back on my 4 GFCIs shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment