Wednesday, June 9, 2010

doors

So when John gets distracted lights aren't turned off and doors are shut, this is even worse when he's really wrapped up in a project.
Last night was the worst. We let the dogs downstairs with us since they usually just lie on the floor chewing their bones, but most of the other doors downstairs need to stay closed. My craft room has all of our furniture from the living room in it, the guest room (which really is hold-John's-crap room) is very full of saw dust and I dont want it tracked through the house and the storage room is where Sophi's litter box is and the dogs like to get in it.

John ran from room to room doing God only knows what and leaving every door open in his path meaning the dogs followed and/or chased the cat in after. Then I would herd everyone out (when I could find Sophi) and close the door again.

Then John went upstairs to turn off a breaker and next thing I know the dogs are chasing the cat around upstairs. I turn to John and say, "You didn't close the baby gate!" and his answer, "I wasn't the last one who went up there!"
Yes, yes he was. I hadn't gone upstairs since I came down to start working.

I think he's losing his memory because all cases where something wasn't shut his answer was, "I wasn't the last one...."

No comments:

Post a Comment