Monday, December 27, 2010

no pregnant puppy

We found out today what I've been suspecting for weeks. Enna's not pregnant.
I took the day off work (mostly cause I could) and we went to the vet at 8:50 AM and were out of there at 9:00 AM. No x-ray needed, but that's probably a good thing because it saved us $150. The vet didn't make us pay for her tummy rub (I love our new vet. After Makoa's freak out at Animal Crackers I was done. I don't care if they're cheaper) and he wants us to bring her in when she goes into heat again so he can do a fertility check.
I asked about doing A.I. next time and he said it only has about a 40% change of working so I guess that's out of the question. I really don't want to have to breed her again and I don't want to send her to Texas. Guess we'll see what our breeder says after John gets up the courage to call her.

I guess some good news is that we can get our guard dog puppy sooner now...we'll as soon as we have the money to pay for one. Also I can go to Cali sooner to visit Dana.
We're still sad, but when you have known for a couple weeks that your dog isn't pregnant the news isn't as big of a shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment