Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Anniversary part 2

Our anniversary was Wednesday the 15th and I was just taking my sweet time posting about it. Mostly because I could, there was no other reason.

We went to the Melting Pot for dinner. Neither of us had been there before, mostly because it is a pretty penny, but we decided to splurge...also John's company was paying so I wasn't going to complain. (John's got a bonus visa card and that's what we used, they really didn't say, "Hey, it's your anniversary! Pick somewhere pricey and we'll pay!")
This is the view from our booth. I'd go back to the Melting Pot just for the ambiance. The booths are really private and you can't see anyone else eating, it just has such a romantic vibe.

We got the Big Night Out meal, you get 4 courses for a hefty bill, totally worth it. You start with a cheese fondue starter with bread, fruit and veggies to dip in, then a salad that I passed on, then the main course. They bring this broth and add a kajillion things to it at your table then give you a kajillion dipping sauces that really need a color coordinated map to navigate through. Your main dipping items can vary depending on how much you spend, we went with lobster tail (John's favorite), duck, fillet mignon (my favorite), peppered steak strip, shrimp and chicken. All your meat arrives uncooked, you skewer it and put it in the broth for a few minutes to cook. Along with your meat your also get veggies, but I just stuck with the meat.
Next comes dessert, we got a creme brulee white chocolate with strawberries, marshmallows, rice krispies, cheesecake and pound cake to dip. It was heavenly. We spent about 2 1/2 hours eating, make sure you plan about the same amount of time if you go.

After dinner we strolled up to temple square where we had a horse drawn carriage waiting for us.
 Well it was waiting for us a half hour after we got to temple square, I booked it for 8:30 so I knew we'd have enough time to eat but we got there early so we wandered temple square for a smidgen.

So all my pictures kept turning out blury and I couldn't figure out why for the life of me, later I remembered that my camera has a night setting and that's why. Yes, I did go to college for photography, why do you ask? Enjoy the stupid pictures anyway!



This would be such a pretty picture if A) it wasn't freaking blurry and B) the light pole wasn't in it.

 These next pictures are from when we were on the carriage. Again blurry.
I was super mad at these people, it took me 4 tries to get this picture not blurry and on the only good picture they decide to walk in it. Thanks ever so much, stupid heads. If I had photo shop on this computer you'd be outahera!


If you squint your eyes and tilt your head a little to the left they don't look so blurry.

 In the end the carriage ride was only so-so. I don't know if it was just that our horse was super slow but we didn't go to the Gallivan's Plaza like the website said and there really aren't that many lights outside of temple square. Also our driver blabbed the whole time which equals not romantic at all. The reason why there's no picture of John and my face all squished together is because I felt rude holding the camera in front of our driver's face while he talked to us. 
After the carriage ride our driver talked with us for 45 minutes and every time I tried to politely end the conversation and leave he'd start up another topic. 
I'm glad we did the carriage ride because I had never been on one before, but I don't think I'll ever do one again. So not worth $50 bucks.  

So there you have it, our anniversary low down.
For gifts John got me a Kindle that I've mentioned to him that I wanted 235,765 times, he also made the nicest maple box to store it in. I'd take a picture of it, but Makoa is locked up in our room because John has a friend over and he'll start crying loudly again if I go in there.
I got John the most bad ass ring...if you're a carpenter.

The ring has blood wood and silver inlaid into it! yeah, coolest ring IN THE WORLD!!! I got it from an etsy shop called jewelrybyjohan. They have lots of cool rings, go look if you have time. I had the hardest time narrowing down choices and even now I want to go buy more, but I have to be realistic. John is a man's man and doesn't have a thing for jewelry.

Pretty good anniversary to celebrate our 3 years if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment