Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sour Cream Banana Bread + some Enna news

For the holidays I usually make baked goods for my co-workers and neighbors as gifts. This year I made a banana bread recipe that I'd never used before and it has become my all time favorite banana bread recipe.

Also for those scared to make bread because of the yeast, this recipe doesn't have any yeast!

Sour Cream Banana Bread

Ingredients

1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
3 cups white sugar
3 eggs
6 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.

2.In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas (I used my stand mixer and just cut the bananas in chunks so the mixer mashed them), sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and hand mix in flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans (make sure you only fill the pans half full or they'll over flow and create a big mess).
3.Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (I had to bake mine for an hour and 10 minutes)
*the bread came out of the pans really sticky. I let it dry overnight on racks and then wrapped them in cellophane. My own loaves I slipped into big Ziploc bags and they became sticky again. I asked my co-workers and they said their bread wasn't sticky so I think cellophane is the way to store it. I also heard that it freezes really well*

The Enna news: She has an appointment Monday morning at 9 to get an xray to see if she is pregnant. Cross your fingers that she is and that she won't deliver New Year's Eve so we can go out with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment