Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Lowdown

Friday night I did something to my back, not sure what but I couldn't move without throbbing pain. I slept on the couch (for the 3 hours I could actually sleep) since it molded to my back better than our mattress.
Saturday John and I were suppose to go to a Pirate Party but because of my back I couldn't finish my costume :( and my back was hurting too bad to  enjoy myself. So instead John worked on the guest bedroom and I helped a smidgen.

John had to tear out the moldy sheetrock so he set to work doing that. For a 6 foot section it sure was kicking his butt, we soon found out that they doubled the sheetrock so it was an inch thick! I thought maybe they did it for a sound barrier, no they did it because the first layer had wallpaper and they were too lazy to take it off.
Once he got the sheetrock off, it took him no time to get another piece up. While he did that, I first coated the pine paneling pieces with a clear glaze. The pine paneling is a kit, you buy sections of just the paneling and they're unfinished. You also have to buy the trim kit for the base molding, chair rail and door trim.

That evening Makoa found his bed. :)
We bought Makoa a bed a few weeks ago when we decided he was over the worst of his chewing phase. He thought it was an awesome big toy and couldn't understand why we kept getting mad at him when he started to chew it. He finally figured out that you sleep in it! I was so happy and kept saying, "look how cute! he loves his bed!"

Sunday John finished first coating the rest of the pine paneling and second coated the ones we did Saturday while I was at a friend's house.
It's coming along nicely. Tonight (if John gets home at a decent time) we'll 3rd coat the red walls and finish second coating the pine. Hopefully by tomorrow we can start installing the pine!

No comments:

Post a Comment