Thursday, September 9, 2010

it's decided...maybe...possibly...probably not

The bed spread for the guest room was delivered yesterday. I'm not sure if I love it, but John does (okay he probably doesn't love it because he's a guy, but he likes it) and says it goes good with the Sweet Spiceberry paint (second from left on the paint post). I'm not totally sold on this. I think it will take more starring at the wall with bedspread touching paint color for me to decide and maybe I'll never love it, but if I can at least stand it I guess that's good enough.
Ignore the red on the wall, none of them are the color we might paint. The tiny sample on the bed might be the winner. (also remember that we're doing pine paneling so the red really will only touch a tiny bit of the bed. p.s. now that I looked at the set with the pine I don't think I like it even more)

The set came with two more Euro shams and a bed skirt, I just didn't have enough pillows and didn't want to put on the skirt. 
The only issue I have with the set is that in some light it looks like the champagne color I wanted but in shadowed areas in the room it looks very gold and dull. To fix this we might have to change the light fixture/light bulbs...or maybe I'm the only one whose seeing it...
I only have 30 days to decide if I actually like the bed set before I can't return it, guess I better get deciding and get my butt in gear to get the room done.

If in the end I hate how it looks and it's past the 30 days, does anyone want an 8 piece champagne/sometimes gold bed set for a killer deal?  Just shoot me now and put me out of my misery (decorating dilemmas call for over emotionalism) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh it's really not that bad. The only thing I can't see is the Pine wainscoting, Is it going to be white or is it like log cabin feel you're going for? Cause if it's log cabin you're going for I would get a different bed set, but that's just me. If it's white, then it should be fine especially if you do the rust brown color that I think is taped to the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its pine, log cabiny. As of right now I'm going to keep it. It looks fantastic with the red (we just painted it yesterday)and just maybe it'll look good with the pine.

    ReplyDelete