Thursday, September 9, 2010

call me crazy but....

So Enna's new collar came in today...guess I should start from the beginning...
While we were on our cruise, John's brother house/dog sat for us. I'm not really sure how but Enna or Makoa ate Enna's perfectly adorable collar.When Ben went to replace it, Petsmart didn't carry it anymore so he bought her a dark blue one that matches her leash.
I've never loved this blue collar (I only bought a dark leash because light ones kept getting dirty really fast), but didn't want to hurt Ben's feelings since he did use his money to buy her a new one. Well I finally just got over it and bought her a cute, baby blue one that matches her ID tag from reddingo.com (well truthfully I bought it from Amazon.com because Red Dingo doesn't let you buy from their site, so stupid). I liked Red Dingo collars because they have a bone instead of just a clip, I know, dumb reason to buy something, don't care!

Back to my main point, her collar came in today and while I was transferring over her ID and rabies tags I remembered how I didn't like them touching because the rabies was rubbing on the wording side of the ID and making it hard to read. I paid a pretty penny for the ID tags and I don't want them ruined, but I want to follow the law and have the rabies on their collars. So because I'm a super genius I came up with a brilliant plan.

I put the ID tag (isn't it freaking adorable!) on the metal ring and hooked the rabies tag (see how bad the back has rubbed on the ID tag) to the doubled up part of the collar. You can now applaud my smarts. No more rubbing and I'm still following the law!!!

Oh and why I didn't like her dark blue collar, it made her look like a boy. Yeah, I know her leash is dark blue. I'm a crazy, psycho path, I know that too.

P.S. If you want one of these wicked cute ID tags you can go here. This is the medium sized one which is 1 1/4 " in diameter. They come in 3 sizes so if you want a smaller (cat ID sized) or bigger scroll through the "customers who viewed this item also viewed" section until you come across the size you want. Once you place your order, you'll get emailed by the vendor to pick the style, color and your engraving (Makoa's is the black dog house).
If you want the collar you can search under Red Dingo in amazon and all their sizes and colors will come up.
I bought Sophi this collar since I liked the fish clip. I haven't broke down and bought her an enameled ID tag because her plain ID tag still looks brand new, but Red Dingo does have a cute cat selection too.

No comments:

Post a Comment