Friday, September 3, 2010

So they say red is hard to paint

Yeah, no kidding.This is the first coat of our sample colors and most of them are far from the swatches. The guy at Lowe's told us that we'll probably have to do 3 - 4 coats to get the right color.

Let me start by saying I HATE red and never thought I'd have red in my house, but it'll be perfect in our guest bedroom. We're at a stand still in the family room (not for long, we've saved the money and will be buying cabinet doors and the fridge soon) and with Dana maybe coming to visit in October I begged John to let me paint the guest room.

How I picked red. Well we're putting pine wainscot on the walls and with that golden color red would just look fantastic. There's no way I'm going with a red red, it had to be a rust or brownish red. Hopefully one of these samples will win a place in my heart.

I've already bought the champagne colored bed set online since it was a great deal and hopefully a perfect match with the red walls. I'm not going to post pictures of it until it on the bed. I'm also a smidgen worried that it won't be what I want and I'll have to return it.

1 comment:

  1. ohhh how fun! I like all of them! I can't wait to come and visit! :)

    ReplyDelete