Tuesday, September 14, 2010

P.S. I love you

Let me tell you about the first time I saw P.S. I Love You. It was 3 days after I got home from my honeymoon. The 26th of December is my grandma's birthday and we try really hard to have a girls day so all us girls (my mom, sister, aunt, cousin and grandma) go to a movie. I was told that P.S. I Love You was the movie she picked to go see that fine day.
I bawled from start to finish, I have NEVER cried so hard in a movie.  When the movie was done and all us girls, minus my grandma, were red eyed and snot nosed and my out spoken grandma hollers at us, "Why are you all blubbering?" She's never that touched by movies.

Once I found my car (stupid District, I think they make you get lost so that the security guards can laugh at you in the surveillance tapes) I started crying all over again and not that kinda cute little tears dripping down the cheeks, no full one wailing. I called John to tell him how much I loved him and all I could say was, "whaaaaa!!! John, I WHAAAA!" Poor boy, I probably terrified him.

Needless to say, I love that movie. No matter how many times I've seen it, I cry.
So why in the Hell did I put that movie in for background noise when I was sewing tonight? Because I'm an idiot, that's why. John wasn't home, I had pulled all my sewing stuff into the family room even though I have a room dedicated for such a task (I couldn't sew in that room right now even if I wanted, it's full of family room furniture) and popped in P.S. I Love You . Let me tell you how hard it is to sew seams and straight lines when you can't see through the tears and you're sobbing so hard the pedal gets pushed in spurts. I also had to go blow my nose often.

Well the movie is done and I at least finished the blouse part of my pirate costume (more to come on that later), but I've learned my lesson. No sad movies when I sew unless I want everything tear stained.

P.S. John is forbidden to die. I'll be just like Holly in the movie and stay cooped up in my house for days, if not months.

P.P.S. For those who think I'm really tough skinned because that's how I act. Well I'm not, I'm a big softy and cry all the time, even during really touching commercials. But lets pretend I'm still a real hard ass, I wouldn't want my reputation ruined.

1 comment:

  1. Let's not forget who bawls her eyes out through trailers for movies and things she's never even experienced.

    ReplyDelete