Friday, September 17, 2010

A nice surprise

The guest room got it's first coat of paint in Sunday but because John hasn't got home from work until 10 at night the past 4 days that's as far as it got.
Last night I went into the guest room to think about the color some more, but when I opened the door I was surprised not to feel the resistance of the drop cloth we had left laying on the floor.
I flipped on the light switch and to my surprise I realized that the room had gotten another coat of paint, the drop cloth was neatly folded on the bed and all the paint supplies set against the wall.

It was John's dad who did such a nice deed. John had asked him to come over and mud the family room ceiling since John just didn't have time and he went above and beyond what we had asked. It was a really great surprise.
I really like the color now, having it painted by a professional really helps :) It still needs one more coat since it is a red, but hopefully we can do that this weekend.

Thanks dad-in-law for all the hard work you've done the last couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good! I like red though, so that's just me I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually reds are so harsh that one is a really earthy soothing shade though. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete