Tuesday, September 7, 2010

not on the walls yet

well I guess the samples are on the wall, but the room isn't fully painted. I haven't made a final decision yet since I HATE all the reds on the wall. I even tried putting one darker color on the wall and a lighter red over it to get a "more red, but not so brown" color. I liked how it turned out, but John popped my bubble saying that there wasn't a way to get it exact when painting the whole room.

I'd sit on the bed for hours just starring at the wall, wanting one of them to scream, "It's me! You want to paint me!" but alas I couldn't fall in love with any of them. I'd leave the room angry and not pleased with my decorating skills (even though most of the time I'm fabulous at decorating ;) ).
I guess it's back to the drawing board AKA the paint store. I'm running out of room to paint my sample colors, we may have to paint it all white again so I can paint samples over it.
I'm pouting now.

I really want red but if I cant settle on a color then the room will go chocolate brown...even though I'm trying really hard to not have it be brown, I want to bathroom to be brown...okay now I'm just rambling.

2 comments:

  1. See if the paint guy at the store will mix the brown and red that you like together and give you a little sample color on a board... If they don't then they're jerks and you can cause a scene and ask for the manager:) when we painted Riley's room, I wasn't sure I wanted to do yellow, but after I got used to it, it was okay. and you can always just one wall the red as an accent wall and if you really don't like it, i would do like a chocolate with a gold laced through it or something

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea, i'll go see if they can mix the colors.
    Accent wall is out of the question since I HATE accent walls and would look silly with pine paneling.

    ReplyDelete