Monday, February 22, 2010

A glimpse into my mind

Friday John and I went to see Sherlock Holmes (we're so behind on movies lately) and my sister called me in the middle of it. For the first time ever I didn't answer my phone because I didn't want to miss the movie. Of course my imagination started going to work.

First off you have to understand that my sister NEVER calls me, its only texts between me and her so I started thinking that there was a problem.
My imagination then pictures that there was a fire at my house and the alarm company called my dad, who told my sister, who called me. Then I picture myself sitting on my front lawn bawling because my pets are dead.
Then I think to myself, that wouldn't happen, the alarm company would call John first and then me and then my dad if no one answered and my dad wouldn't have my sister call! so my brain rests for a minute.

Then I start thinking that Mary has been kidnapped and the abductor allowed her one phone call so she called me knowing that I always answer my phone. Now her life is in jeopardy since I let it go to voicemail!

After the movie I rush to call her and she doesn't answer so of course I have a mini panic attack. Then I calm myself down by telling myself that if it was an emergency she would have left a voicemail.

About 45 minutes later I get a hold of her, all she wanted was her friend to say a word to me that she says funny.

Why cant I be normal?

2 comments:

  1. ha ha, I would probably do the same thing! My mind always jumps to the worst conclusion! maybe next time she will send you a text so you know what is going on!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Nikki!

    ReplyDelete