Friday, January 29, 2010

What's that smell?

Warning: The post you are about the read is disturbing and may not be suitable for all readers.

Yesterday when I walked into my house after work I was hit by an awful smell. I thought maybe the sink clogged and after I put my stuff away in my room I would take care of it. Well the closer I got to the bedroom the worse the smell got, I opened the bedroom door and was hit by the bulk of the smell. Makoa had become sick and had the worst case of diarrhea I have ever seen. It was all over the pan in his crate and had started pouring out onto the carpet. He was covered from his tummy down and just reeked.

I let Enna out of her crate while I pondered on what to do with Makoa. I didn't want him to run through the house the way he was but he had to go outside so I could clean up this mess. I finally grabbed a towel, plucked Makoa out of his crate (while I tried not to gag) and plopped him outside.

My next task was to get Makoa's crate into the bathroom, this took me a few tries because I could only get a few feet before I felt like I'd be sick. When I finally made it to the bathroom I threw the whole thing in the bathtub and turned the shower to scolding hot. It wasn't coming clean. I panicked. I didn't want to touch it to scrub it!!! I grabbed a big bucket and started pouring it on the crate, this helped but it took me 15 minutes to get the crate clean.

Now it was time to tackle Mr. Stinky. Again I grabbed him with a towel and got him in the full bathtub without much of a fight. He then got drenched with the same bucket that was used on the crate. I wanted him mostly washed off before I had to touch him. I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. the poor guy, I dont think he'll be my water hound anymore!

By then John had gotten home with a rented Rug Doctor and went to town on the carpet. The smell was bothering him so bad he had to get a face mask from the basement! okay folks, it really wasn't that bad, John was just being a drama queen. After cleaning the carpets he proclaimed that he couldn't deal with the smell and was going to his parents.

Dana came to my house an hour later and when I asked her if it still smelled bad she told me that it smelled like dirty baby wipes. I guess thats better than rotting death.
The smell was still faint in the bedroom when it was time to go to bed and I kept waking up to the smell and wanting to be sick. Hopefully the smell will dissipate before I get home.

Now brace yourself for the creature I had to bathe, you may want to hold your breath:


He was fine all night and hasn't gotten sick again. I think he may have just ate something that upset his tummy.

Aren't you glad I shared? :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh yes the diarrhea in the crate... I remember those days. when I brought Penny home anything but Science Diet dog food and cheese made her throw up or poop all over. The boys are always worse when it comes to smells, and they always come in the time that you've basically done all the gross stuff.:) At least your dog is little so you can pick him up out of the crate.:)

    ReplyDelete