Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh the embarrassment!


Yesterday while I was at Target browsing through the hosiery section a lady approached me.

Lady: Do you have a daughter?

Me: (thinking "is there a red headed toddler running around?") no.....

Lady: (looking frazzled) oh dang!

Me: why....?

Lady: I'm just wondering if I need to buy my daughter a training bra.

well the poor woman looked lost in the sea of padding, lace and under wire so I offered my help. I asked all the needed questions and didn't notice said daughter until I finished my schpeal. The poor girl was turning five shades of red and it didn't occur to me how embarrassing the situation would have been for her until that moment. She then decided she no longer wanted a bra and dragged her mom out of the store.

As I told John the story later that evening he rolled on the floor with laughter and said, "Nikki, there really isn't anything that you wont talk about with a stranger!"

Sad thing is folks, he's right.

3 comments:

  1. Classic nikki:) I probably would've done the same thing! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to put it. A "Classic Nikki" :)

    ReplyDelete