Tuesday, January 26, 2010

seeing double


ear piercings that is.
I've wanted to get them done for a long time now but never got around to it. Yesterday I worked with my friend who has doubles and we talked about them for a while so I said, "I'm going to get mine done tonight!"

When I got home I told John I was going to go get my ears pierced and asked if he wanted to come he said sure but just stood around eating popcorn while I was getting my shoes and coat on. Finally I said, "well I'm leaving...." He just shoved more popcorn in his mouth and said, "Okay bye!" So I was was a little sad that he didn't want to come with me.

When I got to Claire's I looked at the piercing earrings they had available. When I got my first set done at 14 they got really infected and we blamed it on me being allergic to 14 karat gold so I was going to go with something else. They girl suggested Titanium but they only had two choices and they were ugly and if they have to be stuck in my head for 8 weeks I'm going with something I like! So I put my health aside and got 14 karat white gold square fake diamonds. If they get infected this time its all my own fault!

The girl then put the piercing gun up to my head and said, "do you want me to count down or just do it?" I told her to "just do it" because the anticipation of the pain is worse than the pain itself. It was just a small pinch like I remembered and it was done in a blink of an eye.

This morning I forgot all about them and answered the first phone call of the day by saying, "Good mor...oww! ning, Nelson Labs" Still a little tender! Hopefully thats normal and I'm not already experiencing infection. I'll be super pissed if they are and I'll be kicking myself for the next 8 weeks!

Now cross your fingers for me that they aren't and then tell me how pretty they look! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is your dad talking so take that into consideration, I don't Like em. :) (its my job)

    ReplyDelete