Monday, May 2, 2011

It's never too late to rake leaves, going green

The maple tree stump got ground down last week for $75. Such a good deal when one guy wanted to charge me $200. The only poopy part of that price is that the mulch from the tree stump wasn’t taken away.

John was going to build a storage box for it so we can save it for the big flower gardens we’re putting in, but I convinced him to turn it into a compost bin.

So yesterday while John was building the box (and didn’t need my help holding things) I raked up the leaves (my least favorite gardening chore, that’s why we didn’t do it last fall) and shoveled mulch into the wheel barrow.
Pictures to come later once we finish up the work.

This is a really rough idea of the new garden for the back yard. All the blue circles are potential flowers, but they may or may not being staying where I have them placed. Also that isn't even close to the amount of flowers that will be going in there, my list has 53 species!
The top right hand corner will be my butterfly garden that John is allowing me :) 16 feet by 16 feet circleish type space with a small white picket fence around it.
There will be a nice circle patio with a water feature in the middle, then a rocking bench to the side.
Also a pretty arbor to get into the space with a flowering vine growing on it.

I'm really excited about my gardens! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment