Saturday, May 28, 2011

pets are money pits

For the past week Makoa had been favoring his left foot, I was hoping that it was just a cut and it would heal, but after a few days it seemed to be getting worse.
My friend who use to be a vet tech took a look at it and said that she thought it was a wart and Makoa would have to be put under to get it removed. Of course I groaned loudly, Makoa's our neutered male and not suppose to cost us tons of money.

Friday I took him to the vet to get a price quote and after some looking the vet said that they were actually tumors, but they could be removed easily, not for a ton of money and he could do it that night. I really love our new vet for those reasons. I wanted to be able to get them removed ASAP so that Makoa will be healed for our Moab trip.

Makoa is doing really well and adjusting to being a tripod (because of his bandaged foot, not because we cut off his foot). My life saver of a brother in law picked him up after surgery since John and I were at our concealed weapons permit class and Ben watched him until late into the evening. Unfortunately our vacation fund is really depleted because of Makoa's surgery so I'd appreciate it if we could have a few months of uneventfulness, but I'm glad we had the money when we needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment