Saturday, April 16, 2011

Things in the works

We have SOOO many things planned, where to start is the question. Also money is always the stopping feature.
I bought a few new big additions for the kitchen that should be coming in the next few weeks, of course all online :)
John is in the middle of finishing a coffee table and computer desk he built which will both be fantastic when he's done.
The living room will house the coffee table and we sold the love seat before I left for Cali. I never wanted the love seat, I always just wanted two chairs and I just decided that 3 years of waiting was too long. With my bonus from work and the love seat sale we'll be buying two armless chairs.

The bathroom is now ready for paint which feels amazing! It was a fast project that I didn't even have to help with. My father in law is a super hero and I am so thankful for what he did for us. Hopefully we'll be getting a new light fixture and faucet soon.

Next is the yard which will take some time and lots of money, it'll come in parts. I've called a guy to grind down the stump and we've picked out the trees we want. Dana planted Eastern Redbuds in her yard, but it was a full grown one in her neighborhood that I fell in love with.
We need to rework the sprinkling system and since we want to build up the garden area we'll start by just building up the three tree areas since pavers don't come cheap. We'll be using the dirt next to the drive way to build up the area and then buy nice top soil once the area is actually finished. 

So come back often to see all the work in progress!

*The salesperson at the garden store talked us into a Mt. Fuji flowering cherry instead. Redbuds are so pretty but won't do well where we want to plant them and are really flimsy in the wind and snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment