Friday, April 15, 2011

The day that was suppose to be relaxing...

I took the day after I got back from California off work to relax from the drive and get some errands done. Enna then decided to go into heat while I was gone and I needed to get her to Texas ASAP. I thought that Wednesday would be the best since I already had it off, but it did add one more BIG thing to do on my already busy day.

John took Wednesday off too and that morning we went to the vet to get Enna's flight health papers and Sophi's updated shots, then it was off to Petsmart to get a new crate since we forgot to see if her old one would work beforehand.
That put us a half hour behind schedule, but I thought we'd be okay. We got Enna all ready and headed off for the airport.
We parked the car and waited at the baggage claim to check Enna in, after 20 minutes they told us were were in the wrong building and vaguely pointed to the direction of the building we needed to be in. We got back in the car and tried to find said building, but with things not marked well I missed the turn and had to drive all the way around the airport again. While doing this I passed a cop who had someone already pulled over. Next thing I know this cop is following me so I watched my speed, signaled and made proper stops, I still got pulled over. The cop said that I needed to remember to stay one lane away from a pulled over police car, luckily I didn't get a ticket, I think he could tell I was super stressed and pointed us in the right direction.

Still finding the building was a feat and I'm surprised that John and I didn't inflict serious harm to each other while doing so. Once hauling ourselves and Enna's crate into the building we were told that we were a half hour late and the flight was "locked out". Of course I was beyond frazzled at this point and took it out on the poor boy who informed us of this. (I later apologized for this and explained why I had my outburst)
The day ended with the Art Institute pressuring me, but I'm not going to get into that.

It was nice having Enna for one more night to say my extra goodbyes, but it just increased my anxiety and I had some really weird dreams involving not wearing pants.
It looks like Enna enjoyed having one more night with us too.
Thursday John and I tried the whole airport thing again and it went a whole lot smoother. It only took a half hour to fill out the paperwork and say our goodbyes. 
The flight was delayed 40 minutes, but Barbara (our breeder) was in constant contact with us. She called when she had Enna in the car and said she would let us know how she was doing once she got her home.
This is what she emailed me:
She is here and well.  We let her out in the yard, but had the crate on the porch with the door open so when she was done she went in by herself.  she did sit on my lap for a bit before running off to potty.  She is beautiful and looks well cared for (The best)  John says you love her more than him.

I know Enna will be well cared for and Barbara will keep me updated about everything. Just not having to deal with the breeding is a sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment