Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The first of many trips to California

I started off my trip to California at 4:00AM Thursday morning in my mother-in-law's car. I made really good headway until I hit snow in Elko 3 hours outside of Utah. Then from Elko to Winnemucca it was a blizzard, I was really worried that it would be like that the rest of the way, but luckily Donner's Pass was really clear. I did hit a dead stop at the end of Donner's Pass because of an accident that held me up for 20 minutes. I finally made it to Dana's house 11 hours after setting out.

Dana put together an Alaskan Klee Kai meeting group in San Francisco for Saturday. It was awesome seeing other Klee Kais! They were all mostly Enna sized so Kumo and Makoa were the biggest dogs there. It was fun swapping stories, ideas and helpful hints. It was funny when it came time to gather everyone together for a group picture, everyone had a little trouble getting their dogs back on leash. I guess it's not just Makoa who acts retarded sometimes, it's just a breed thing. They all thought my "grabber" was a smart idea and a few said that they were going to try it.
The dogs had a blast for the two and half hours we were there and I'm sad that I won't be able to hang out with these owners more often.
 This pup is Aries, nine months old. Helped that he had that red harness to label him.

 Rusty and Kumo. Rusty is a breeder's dog, he comes from my breeder.

Little Cody. He's five months old and this was his first time off leash. He was scared at first, but got better as time went on. He really started to get interested in dogs his size and would run with them.
The guy next to me is the breeder who has gotten most of his dogs from my breeder.

Dana took me to Folsom Lake, where she grew up, on Monday. Makoa loved swimming in the lake and it was such a nice day.


Too bad the dogs weren't really suppose to be off leash. I'll stop complaining about Utah's leash laws because Cali's are much worse.

The rest of the trip was spent relaxing, sleeping in and walking on the nice trails around Dana's house. It was a really nice trip and I got out of the snow for a little while. :)

The trip home was very uninteresting. No snow, no traffic, no interesting sites.

This is the view through most of Nevada. I don't know how anyone lives in Elko! Super boring.
The first interesting site, a rainbow after a light shower.

My traveling buddy wasn't really entertaining, all he did was sleep.

I've never been to Wendover. Doesn't look very big, nor exciting. I'll stick to Vegas, but this meant I was almost home!

I made it home in 9 hours and had the next day off. That's another story in and of itself.

1 comment: