Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So productive

Last night John was bit by the productive bug, before I got home he had put away the laundry, mowed the grass, replaced the outdoor light bulbs and fixed the carport door (the thresh hold was coming loose so whenever you opened the door it would rub across the floor making the most awful sound, I had been on him for weeks to fix it).

When I got home I helped him put in the coolest electrical switch. We have a fan in our bedroom and I like to sleep with the fan on in the warmer months, but that would mean you'd have to use the pull chain to turn the light on or off. Pulling that pull chain was really difficult for me since it's about a foot taller than my arms reach. I hated that pull chain and would always groan loudly when I flipped the light switch and only the fan would turn on. (I was also fairly certain that a creeper was hiding out in my dark bedroom and had just the opportunity needed to pounce while I was straining to turn on the light.)
 We bought this really nice (and expensive!) switch that controlled the light and fan separately back in July, I didn't want to hound John about putting it in, but I REALLY wanted it done. Last night without me even asking he opened the box to the switch and I threw a little party in my head. I dusted the fan blades and light dome while he installed some of the do hickeys and then I held the fan above my head (what I'm best at) while he wired it back together. I then spent a good hour just messing with all the settings and loving that I could actually turn the light on without straining and tippy toe action.

But wait! Even more was accomplished last night! We finished glazing the panels, too bad we're not done glazing though, we have to finish the trim :( I'm so tired of glazing, just too much wood!
Hopefully (which I keep saying) the guestroom will be completed by this weekend or early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment