Friday, October 15, 2010

If we won the lottery

Since its John's turn to drive up to Idaho for Lotto tickets (he's in a group at work) I decided that I'd write about the list John and I have if we won.

If we won big in the lotto we'd (we talk about this often):
  • Pay off our house and do all the remodeling work that we'd like done.
    • As crazy as that sounds, John and I wouldn't move to a bigger house. We actually really like our house, property and neighbors. We would extend out the whole back of the house (top and bottom floors) 10 feet to get a bigger kitchen, a master suite and a bigger laundry room. We'd also add on a garage and re-landscape our yard.
  • Pay off John's truck
  • Buy me a Chrysler M300
  • Pay off all debt (that's just dumb if you don't)
  • Give some money to John's and my parents
  • Pay for an awesome trip for our immediate families to go on.
  • Invest the rest of the money
  • Still work and not live frivolously.
As you can see we'd try to not get too carried away, that's how people who win the lotto lose it all. Of course we'd buy some nice things, but we'd make sure to invest the rest of the money so our assets will grow. Truthfully I don't care about owning the best of the best, the money would just be nice so that we'd never have to worry about bills or retirement.

What's your Lotto List?

No comments:

Post a Comment