Thursday, April 1, 2010

update to wet bar

The minute I showed John the pictures I drew up he wanted to start right away. So it looks like John would rather put most of the money to this project instead of the outside. I'm not too distraught over it though since this will be a nice addition to our home, we just wont be pouring concrete this year. He's the one that will have to park on gravel or the road for another year so really I dont care either way.

Funny story though, last night we went to lowes to measure mini fridges and look into small water heaters. I really didn't want John to run piping from the water heater to where the small sink will be because his "this wont be that much work" projects turn into a nightmare and I wanted to go the easy way out even if it meant spending more money. So we stood in the water heater section of Lowes arguing about it, but I must say it was a very civilized argument.

Me - let me tell you why I dont want you to run piping through the whole basement. I see this not going as smoothly as you think it will and I'll end up with more holes in my ceiling that will never get patched. Also I see a lot of swearing involved.

John - okay let me tell you why I want to run piping. Instead of paying $200+ for a water heater we'll spend $30. We really wont be using hot water in the faucet that often so getting a little water heater for just that sink is a waste of money.

Me - I dont care how much it will cost, I care about the repercussions this will ensue.

John - It wont I promise! (then he went on explaining how easy it would be, for the 20th time, and how there should be no problems)

Finally I agreed to his wishes but I told him that if this doesn't go as smoothly as he promises than I get to say "I told you so", I get a sweet prize and the minute he says we have to cut into the new ceiling of the hallway we're going to my plan. I haven't decided what this prize will be but it will be totally wicked awesome, I assure you of that! I hope I'm wrong and this will be a piece of cake but past projects are telling me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment