Friday, April 23, 2010

Front yard ideas

I've fallen in love with a bench

Of course I had to think where I could put this delightful little thing in my yard (after John builds it of course, he's ecstatic :)). With the very limited space and the lack of creativity that was put into designing my front yard I set my brain to work and came up with this. (click on picture to enlarge)
The grid in front on the sidewalk that leads to our porch is where I'd like the bench to go and then of course I dont have enough flower garden space as it is so I'd like to put in more. The circle behind the grid I'd like to set a little higher than the other beds (got the idea from here) I haven't decided what I'd like to live there yet, maybe a nice water feature or rotating annuals or maybe even a rosebush.
Also maybe the proposed front bed will connect to the left bed, not really sure about that yet. I bet there will be a lot of changes to my pre-plan if and when we get around to it.

I haven't fully convinced John of my brilliant plan yet, he just sees more dollar signs, but he does like the idea of less to mow. Of course this wont be happening any time soon since the basement is his baby right now, but I'll keep this in the will-cost-a-lot-of-money-and-time folder until my dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment