Monday, April 12, 2010

spring hike


On Sunday Dana invited me and the dogs on a hike with her and her friend, Jamie and crazy, old me, I agreed!
I didn't think that it would be that strenuous since we were going above Memory Grove and I've been up Memory, piece of cake. I thought wrong, Jamie took us up a trail in City Creek Canyon that I've never been on and it sure wasn't the easiest hike ever. Truthfully it wasn't that bad, I'm just way out of shape and it's all up hill. Luckily one of us is smart, Dana brought us water bottles and fruit bars to eat.

When Dana and I met up with Jamie at Memory Jamie looked down at Enna and asked, "You sure she'll make it?" Looking down at Enna I said, "Oh yeah, no problem at all! Enna's an ox!"
So the 3 of us with our 5 dogs headed up the park letting the dogs off leash in the off leash area. Once we hit the actual trail above Memory Grove Jamie got farther and farther ahead of us :) Dana and I would yell to Jamie that we were stopping to rest and she'd turn around smiling at us. We hiked for about 1 1/2 hours and didn't make it to the end, we just couldn't go any further so we turned around to head home. Once we hit Memory Grove Makoa was getting tired, I can tell because that's when he hangs out by my legs instead of off in front with all the dogs. Little Nenners was still going strong though and keeping up with the big dogs.

After 3 hours of hiking Dana and I were starving so we grabbed some lasagna from Pizza Hut and headed to her place to watch Hachi. The dogs crashed once we got to Dana's place and slept peacefully through the movie. After a tearful couple of hours I was headed home for the night.

Now my whole body hurts this morning and my feet have a few blisters but it was a great hike! I'm going to make my dad come with me next time I go (hear that Pop Pop?) and anyone else that wants to tag along is more than welcome to come, but this time we're going to the end!
Sorry there are no pictures, I was trying not to die while I kept up with Jamie!

1 comment: