Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wet Bar

*UPDATE: I forgot to mention that the fish tank will be saltwater. We're no longer going custom, we're just going to buy a 150 gallon tank, a lot cheaper.*

John is eager to start his next project (might I add that the holes that were cut for the hallway work still aren't patched *insert upset face here*). He's collecting leftovers and scraps from work to build cabinets for the wet bar we'd like to put in our family room downstairs.

This will be a work in progress over the next while since it's not going to be the focus of our remodeling (we try to pick one "big project" for the year with this year being the outside/front of the house). Which means it will only be worked on when we have the money and time.

Out of sheer boredom and the fact that John needs to get an idea and measurements going so he can collect the correct size scraps, I drew up a rough drawing on excel (since I dont have AutoCad) to get an idea of what we'd like.

It will go on the opposite wall of the fireplace where our fish tank is now.
We'd like to get a custom built fish tank that is roughly 3 feet tall, 4 feet wide and 2 1/2 feet deep (if we can insert it into the wall) which would equal to 224 gallons of water (I think). Truthfully I dont know if that size can really be done to accommodate fish since I haven't talked to anyone about it, but that's the dream.

We dont want to do upper cabinets because the ceilings in the basement are only about 7 feet tall and putting uppers would make the space look squished (along with just goofy since they'd be really small uppers) so open shelving will be a better way to go. These are just ideas and things are really subject to change.

A top view

Like I said, we really dont know when this will get under way or if it really ever will. Right now it's just a pipe dream.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That's going to look gorgeous! Once school is out in May I want to come visit you guys more often. I miss you both :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plans look awesome! Your house will definitely be the house to party at;)

    ReplyDelete