Saturday, March 13, 2010

Puerto Vallarta and sea days

Thursday was Puerto Vallarta

Here we just wandered the town taking in the sites, it was absolutely gorgeous. All the roads are cobble stones instead if asphalt and there are sculptures everywhere!





We stopped off at a cathedral that a co-worker told me that we HAD to see, it was beautiful. We wanted to go to their mass but they had already started and we didn't want to interrupt so we only stayed a few minutes.







We then walked the coast line to look at the sand sculptures






this guy was stacking rocks for tips, of course I was a jerk and didn't tip him.

We then ate at this little restaurant, we had nachos, chips and salsa, and this yummy desert. It was crapes with butterscotch and flam-bayed with tequila. While we were there we were serenaded by a mariachi band.


My big purchase in Puerto Vallarta, a pair of tanzanite studs. They're a half carat each.


On the way back to the ship we came across two men painting tiles. They only use their fingers and pinky finger nail to paint them. They were really talented so we sat and watched them for a while.

It was hard just picking one to buy! I liked this one since it was so colorful.


Our Puerto Vallarta ornament


The next two days were sea days so we just relaxed it up. We played a lot of roulette and bingo with Morgan and Greg. Of course Morgan won a ton of money on both and John and I did not.

One night we went to listen to the band play ballroom dance music. Watching all the couples dance made me wish I would have packed Seth, my ballroom dance partner in high school, in my luggage so I could join in on some lindy, triple step and waltz. John is not a dancer but it was nice listening and recognizing the songs and watching the older couples getting their groove on. Maybe one day John will take lessons with me :) a girl can dream cant she?

The cruise came to an end, sadly, and we all had to say goodbye and go back to our regular lives.
We got off the ship at 10:00 AM and headed to the airport in a cab with Keith Stubbs and his wife. Its a good thing we learned from the first cruise we went on and booked a later flight because it took us almost two hours to check our luggage and get through security. We then ate lunch at mickeydees and sat in our terminal waiting for our flight.
I bought The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks at the airport since I finished both my books on the cruise and got sucked into the story. Before we knew it, it was 4:45 and time for us to board the plan.
When we were about a 1/2 hour away from SLC the stewardess dropped apple juice in my lap which meant it also landed on my brand new book. It was just an accident but she felt terrible, she told me the airline would pay to dry clean my jeans. I just laughed and said I'd throw them in the wash when I got home. She then said she'd bring me a cocktail but I didn't look 21, I laughed again and told her I was 22, she didn't believe me.

John's brother picked us up at the airport with the dogs in toe. We were greeted by wet tongues and heavy shedding.
Ben told me my cat was missing and I sat there in shock, luckily he was kidding or I would have killed him.
He said he only had a few incidents while we were gone. Makoa got out of his crate and chewed Enna's collar and leash, some candles and pine cones and Sophi knocked one of my planters out of the window killing my flowers (she knocked out another one yesterday, now I'm down to two planter and a kitty with a death wish)

It's nice to be home and I only suffered from what I call boat lag for a couple of days. If I stopped walking too quickly or sat down too fast the room would start to rock, I was really glad when that wore off!

John's big purchase on the cruise, a new Kenneth Cole watch to replace the one that was stolen.


We also bought this globe made from semi-precious gem stones since I've always wanted one.


Well that's it, our cruise in a nut shell.
Today is such a gloomy cold day, I think I need to head back to Mexico and lie on the beach. Anyone want to come with?

1 comment: