Sunday, March 13, 2011

To beautiful of a day to pass up a walk

Today was a perfect, almost spring day and when I told John that it was too beautiful to stay inside he suggested a walk with the pups to Tanner.
We didn't do one winter hike so the last time I had been there was in October when Dana came to visit. Shame, shame on me, but it's hard to get motivated to go when it's all by myself or knowing I'll have to push John into it. I need another Dana so that I'll actually take the dogs out often.
Good news is that I've gotten John into walking with me and the dogs every evening after work, we'll have to get use to it with a big dog coming into the family.

Anywho, Tanner was still a snowy, muddy mess (good thing I changed from flip flops to tennies) and everyone had the same idea as us. It was so nice being with other dog lovers and coming across all breeds of dogs.
So happy to be out in the sun shine leash free. We did have the trouble of getting him back on the leash again, all our training vanished, our fault for not taking him off leash for 5 months.
Enna's getting better with the water, but she's still no water hound like little Makoa.
Enna's trying to show this little pug that the waters not that scary. Poor thing would not get off the "shore", Enna went over and licked the pugs head and I caught her in the turn around. 
Makoa loves water fetch, in fact that's the only fetch he'll do :) He's waiting for John to throw the stick. 

Out of all the stick John threw in, Makoa found and brought back two :) they'd get lost in the water and we'd laugh our heads off at him while he tried to find them.
Face all wet and happy from his water adventures.
It was such a nice walk and from the looks of it they haven't closed off any of the Tanner trails yet. We didn't start out the back way just cause I thought it might be closed down so we went down the front, they way I hate. 
It's rocky, muddy, crowded and all on leash until the bottom. Looks like that's going to be the only way into the park...yay.

All in all it was a fantastic day and I loved spending the time with my hubby and puppies.

1 comment:

  1. this makes me so sad that we don't live close... bummer! Well at least I get to see you soon! and we will have some fun pup adventures in San Fran! yay!

    ReplyDelete