Friday, March 4, 2011

It's a never ending headache

We got our tax return so John bought our surround sound. We got the Bose Lifestyle V25 and it looks fantastic. John had it installed really fast, but we hit a snag when we were setting up the system.

Every speaker played the test tone except the back left one, we tried moving speakers around thinking maybe it was the speaker and when that didn’t work I started to get a little worried.
You see, we ALWAYS hit a snag doing a project, but this one is supposed to be done, no snags, no problems, finite!

John suggested that maybe the wire is the problem which I had a hard time believing since it’s from the same reel as the rest of the wire, but I said that maybe we use the wire in the wall to fish new wire up to the speaker. By that time it was pushing 10:30 PM so John said he’d to it when he got off work the next day.

As our luck would have it, when he was trying to fish the wire he realized that the original wire was severed. He says the only way to get the wire hidden is to run it under the carpet and cut a hole in the wall to get the wire up. I hate this idea. I’m tired of seeing sheetrock, holes and dust. I wanted to go home and watch a movie with fantastic sound. Just once I’d like to NOT run into a huge problem with a project, just once!

No comments:

Post a Comment