Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ironing board make over

My mini ironing board has been with me through the thick and thin for about 8 years. I love how compact and light weight it is, but it's cover just isn't up to par anymore. I don't really want to tote something so dingy to my class so I vowed to redo it.

I doubt this is really post worthy because it was so easy. At first I was going to make a pattern and sew a cover with fancy elastic and all that jazz. Then I came to my senses and decided to just staple it into place since the original was. The hardest and longest part was trying to figure out where John stored his staple gun and staples. I didn't even take off the old cover because why should I?


Here it is all finished, it took me a whole half hour and most of that half hour was spent pushing droolly Winston away (notice towel to wipe off drool). I hope to finish my craft room in gray one day so I for once thought ahead. The ironing board will now be the star off my class with it's beautiful new wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment