Wednesday, February 6, 2013

December's block of the month

I'm a month behind in blocks so I finished December's last Sunday.
It was such a nice weekend, I just wish I would have gotten more sewing done.

Saturday morning my parents came over to visit and after John and I went to see Zero Dark Thirty. After the movie we met up with some old friends for a visit.

Sunday I got up to start sewing and then took a break to go drool over some salt water fish at a local store. We still can't buy, but we're dreaming.
I came home to finish sewing the block before the Super Bowl. My new sewing machine was not pleasing me for the first half hour, but it was all user error so once I got it figured out It was a breeze.

It is my favorite block and really fun to put together. Just one more block and then I'll have to start putting the quilt together. I have no idea what I'll do with said quilt so I guess I should start brainstorming...

Once I was finished with block I helped John get ready for our own little party of two Super Bowl. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves with some great food and a warm fire. A post on my new Lamborghini of sewing machines soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment