Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm buying for a dog that isn't even born yet

I'm already looking for things for the new puppy. The new puppy that isn't even part of the world yet. Is that sad and pathetic?

I've found the perfect bed for the little fella
He won't be crate trained so we'll have the lovely task of working out night time potties for the first little while, but this bed will fit fantastically in the unused corner of our bedroom between the dresser and my night stand.

I'm not really enjoying collar shopping though. I'm drawn to the cute and girly and with a boy dog who's suppose to be scary I have to avoid those. I'm trying to stay away from spiked collars so these are the ones I'm liking so far. Are they too girly? If you saw any of these on a dog would you think it was a boy or girl? Am I concerning myself too much with this?


This type of collar is called a Martingale and it's the kind I want, all the above collars can be made like this style and come from Nola & Spencer, an etsy site.

ID tags are very important, it's like icing on the cake and with all the styles out there I don't think I'll be able to norrow it down any time soon. There's always the Red Dingo ones that Enna and Makoa have now, but I think I want something different. 


These are the three that I'm liking right now, but I'll probably change my mind in the next few months.
This one is so freaking adorable, but not really manly man dogish so I just might have to buy it for Enna.

All these tags are off of etsy, have you noticed that last year Amazon was my store of choice and now I've changed direction.



2 comments:

  1. The Dad Just shakes head and walks away

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the GREEN collar! Its unisex! and the sqaure tag with the skulls, that looks mean! hahaha Don't worry I had most of Kumos crap bought before he was born too. Well all the general stuff anyways like bed and crate and toys :)

    ReplyDelete