Sunday, January 2, 2011

living room, I love you again!

John busted his butt last week to finish the living room ceiling. Since he didn't work he spent all day down there.
The room was completely empty so that meant all the other rooms downstairs were completely full, doing laundry was a joke!

Like most of our projects, we're not totally done yet, but done enough to actually really start living in the room again. Some trim still needs to be put up and painted and John's father is going to do that for us when he gets back in town so I'm calling it done!
Here are some befores and durings so you can really appreciate the after (but I don't think you can appreciate it as much as us since you didn't have to live in it during the work). I wish I had true befores but I never posted it and I lost the pictures when my lap top was stolen.

 Remember this fun day? John sure does. I didn't think I'd miss a sink as much as I do. Washing dishes in the bathroom really isn't that fun, but what else could we do?

 Here's the start of the dust. Carpet is rolled back, ceiling is starting to come down, wires are being ran and walls are being cut away.


 Now we've decided to replace the ceiling and wire for surround sound. After we did that I was really starting to question my sanity.

 The bones of the cabinet are installed and we have a gorgeous counter top now! it was nice getting things actually in place.

Drum roll please! Here's the "finished" product!



Pretty classy, if I do say so myself!
We'll be hopefully buying the fish tank at the end of this month and our surround sound with our tax return. After we house train the new puppy we'll focus on getting new carpet, but until then I'll just do a nice deep cleaning and pretend I don't hate it.

I said that we wouldn't be doing another big project for a while, but who really believed me? John's already planning on rearranging the downstairs bathroom so that he'll have more room in the storage room. It needs to be done and I'm glad, but knowing us, I'm sure we'll be upgrading a ton of other stuff while we're at it. We don't want to go too extreme in the bathroom because we do plan on extending the house out and we don't want to waste our money since that whole bathroom will change after that. 

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, it looks gorgeous!! Tell John the cabinets are amazing!

    ReplyDelete