Thursday, January 20, 2011

Red Hair

I've been told my whole life that people would kill for my hair color. As a child people would stop me all the time to tell me or my mother how beautiful it was. The grass is always greener on the other side. If I wasn't a natural red head then I'd probably want to be one, but I've always wanted my sister's hair. Her natural color isn't all that special so she can dye it any color in the book and she looks fantastic.

Now I've grown to love and appreciate my red hair, but there's not much I can do that's really extreme with it. I would never dye it all completely because I'm sure I'd have a mob outside my house protesting and I'm sure I'd regret it after a few days, but I want something different. I have a hair appointment this Saturday with a girl I've never gone to before, but have seen a lot of her work and love it. I'm giving her free rein over the color choices and dye job (besides dying it completely, that's out of the question) just because I want something dramatic, but I don't know if she'll go for it so I need a back up plan.

I'm not cutting it since I want to grow it out, but I want something that says, "Nikki did something with her hair!" Any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Don't you dare change that beautiful color kid.
    My genes help pick that color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I kind of like this color:
    http://haircaretrends.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/redhair.jpg

    but I think you really have four options: either a) highlight with blonde b) low-light with brown c) highlight with another red or do d) all of the above or some combination :)

    so exciting, you better show a picture, oh damn, its sunday... meaning you prob already got it done yesterday, hmmm....well hurry up and post a picture missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you going to post some pictures of the results???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will...I just haven't got around to it yet :)

    ReplyDelete