Sunday, November 14, 2010

bye bye tree

John has always hated our big maple in the backyard, I really had no preference until every storm another branch would fall down making the tree very misshapen.
(picture from when we first moved in)

The last snow storm knocked down the fifth branch and the whole right side of the tree was a disgrace so I finally agreed to let John cut it down.
He went to work right away, so happy to get rid of the tree he hates so much.
We'll have someone come and grind the stump down in the spring, but we figured it would be easier to remove the limbs without all the leaves on it and John needed a project that didn't cost any money :)

I'm sure my parents are groaning as they read this, never waste a good tree. Don't worry, we'll be adding nicer, smaller trees in the spring...once John and I can agree on the trees.

1 comment:

  1. Groan.. oh well just don't plant a sycamore bad bad awful tree.

    ReplyDelete