Monday, May 3, 2010

Sunny St. George

While Northern Utah was stuck in the middle of winter I trekked down to St. George to visit with my VERY pregnant friend before she had her baby.
The drive down wasn't too bad, I checked out a James Patterson book on CD to occupy my driving time and I only ran into a few snow storms on the way down.

Jessi and I clicked back into sync like we'd never been apart. Chatting about old times, new times, high school and everything else under the sun. We watched a handful of movies including The Dark Crystal (still not sure why we like that movie), made an emergency Wal-Mart run (Makoa kept carrying off my underwear while I was packing so I put them back in my drawer to pack later and then I forgot to get them. So we had to run to the store so I could buy some), saw The Back-up Plan at a theatre, went to a delicious pizza place and just really enjoyed each other's company.

Enna punished me for leaving by chewing up some heels and a book, little stinker, she's never chewed up stuff before but she must have been pretty pissed at me.

I wanted to turn back around to St. George when I hit the first snow storm driving home. I was leaving fantastic weather to come back home to chilliness. But it was nice to come home to see my puppies and lovely hubby.

I was greeted by my Hardy Johnson's Blue Geranium blooming, the first perennial to bloom!


St. George was nice to visit but I dont think I'd ever want to live there. It gets too hot for me in the summer and I like living in the hustle bustle city of Salt Lake.
It was so nice to visit with you Jessi! Cant wait to meet the little man when he comes into the world!

1 comment:

  1. It was such a great weekend! We had so much fun! It was great having you down:) I am so glad you were able to come! It was so nice to be able to just chat and hang like old times:) Someday we will have to do it again!
    P.S. I am not sure why we like "The Dark Crystal" either! mmmMMMMmmmmMMMMmmm

    ReplyDelete