Monday, May 10, 2010

opinions please!


Friday night while we were lying in bed, I was reading a book and John said, "Son of a b$#&h!" With John that could mean a bomb just went off or he forgot to turn off the light so I calmly asked, "what?" not straying from my book and he said, "We cant have a sink downstairs."
"Why not?" I asked, he suddenly had my undivided attention.
"I was so busy worrying about getting water to the sink that I totally forgot that we need a drain!" He was livid with himself.
All I could muster up was an "Oh..."
We then discussed our options.

* We can still put in a sink but that means digging a ditch in the cement floor and tearing up the new floors in the hallway to connect to the drain in the bathroom.
John assures me that the flooring wont be harmed and can be put back down easy as pie, but it worries me.
* Dont put a sink in and leave the set up the way it is. With this I know that because we didn't put a sink in we'd need a sink all the time and I worry that it'll look ridiculous.
* Dont put a sink in and change the set up to just go across the wall and not in a L shape. This would be all fine and dandy but John cut out the carpet around the cabinets so we'd have a huge hole in the carpet until we got the money to install new carpet.
* I told him we'll put a sink in and just put a bucket under it to catch the water. I was joking...kind of.

We're at a loss, what should we do? If it was your house what would you do? John wont give his opinion, whenever I ask him what he thinks all he says is, "How bad do you want a sink?" yeah, big help there!
Work has been put on hold until we make a decision but we have to decide by next Saturday because we might be getting a counter top that day.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

*We do have a bathroom downstairs to connect to the sewer line. John has done it(meaning dug the ditch, laid the pipe and connected to the sewer) once before in his parents home so I'm pretty sure he can do it in ours.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'd personally say put in a sink because you'll regret now putting in a sink. However, from John's constant comment "how bad do you want a sink" it sounds like he doesn't want to go through the effort of digging up the floor unless you really want it. I think that's his opinion. So if you install a sink you better dang well use it the first few months it's working. ;)

    p.s. We had fun last night. Hope you guys did to. Derek thinks you two are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is pain.. remember you have to account for a slope in the drain.. and hooking it up to the sewer line isn't much fun.. I cant remember do you have a bathroom down there?

    ReplyDelete