Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Crock pot meat loaf

This is a delicious meat loaf recipe that is just sooooo easy! John says this is the best meat loaf he's ever had and that's saying something because he likes everything.

Ingredients
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teasoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage (I didn't have sage so I used an Italian seasoning mix)
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 to 2 cups ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions
1.In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients and 1/2 cup ketchup. Shape into a round loaf; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker (to help it keep it's loaf shape I rolled up tubes of tinfoil and put them on the sides of the loaf). Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
2.In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the meat loaf. Cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
*When I got home and looked at the meat loaf I thought it had burned and was going to be really dry. It was a little crispy around the edges but was really moist and delicious so dont be alarmed if it doesn't look that great!*

makes 6 servings

Cant get any easier! If you use crock pot bags it's a breeze to clean up too.
The night before I raised and baked some rolls and when I got home from work the next day I nuked some baking potatoes in the microwave and heated the rolls. Dinner was ready in 20 minutes, just as John was walking in the door.

As we speak I have BBQ beef brisket in the crock pot for dinner tonight, hopefully it turns out just as tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment