Thursday, May 20, 2010

The question

Yesterday a lady knocked on my door and asked if she could paint my address on my curb as a comunity project, I told her yes and let her get to work.
Her daughter came and got me after she was done and as I was walking down to the curb the lady asked, "When are you due?"
With a hiccup in my step I looked down at my stomach, my face dropped and I could feel the color rising to my cheeks. I loudly wispered, "I'm...um....not pregnant..."
"Oh!" The women exclaimed, "I am so so sorry!" She then hurried through the steps of showing me the curb, mumbled more apologies and skirted off towards my nieghbor's house.

No I'm not making this up, this really happened. Talk about a confidence buster! I dont think this is something you can come back from...

On a more positive note, Makoa didn't chase the cat once last night! Maybe that means the shock collar is working, but I'm not holding my breath. He gets to wear it for a few more days to see if he's actually learning that chasing the cat is a bad thing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I know how you feel! I had a similar experience at a gun show once but the lady who said it to me was not apologetic at all! I'm sorry, I don't think you look pregnant at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jessie on this. -That is Jessie's post right ;)- You don't look pregnant at all!!!

    ReplyDelete