Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mailbox = love

We have finished the mailbox and for once I helped more than my normal "helping" which is to just stand around and wait for John to tell me to go get something. I put the post together and screwed on the mailbox stand part while John spray painted the mailbox black. Then John put on the actual mailbox and I held the address plate while he screwed it on. See I can be useful when I put my mind to it :)

This new mailbox is much thicker than the old one so maybe I'll actually see it and wont back into it with my car. Its also on the other side of the driveway for two reasons A) Our neighbors park in front of the old one and B) I want to plant flowers under it eventually, but first we have to add some sprinklers to the parking strip.

Before:


After:


John's back at Lowe's for the 3rd trip today trying to get the faucet on, the first trip wasn't even needed, boy did that make him mad :) his goal is to get it done tonight so he can fix the swamp cooler tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment