Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Everyone loves Enna!

Well last night John and I took Enna over to PetsMart to make sure that the vaccination papers I got from the breeder will work for her records to get into her puppy preschool.

Of course the minute we walk in the door we're surrounded by a mob of people! Everyone wants to know what kind of dog she is, how big she'll get and where we got her.

We took her back to meet the pet trainers and to get familiar with the training area and I got the best comment ever! (the trainers also made us go to the grooming section to show her off, she sure is popular!)
The Alaskan Klee Kai is a really shy breed which follows suit with their Husky relatives so socializing is a must and I was worried that we weren't doing enough of it because Enna is still a little skitsh around new people (she is getting A LOT better at this though) but one of the trainers said that she was doing a lot better in a new situation than most Huskies she sees. I just beamed! I was so proud of little Enna. She even was trying to play with an older Golden Retriever that was like 10 times her size!

On Saturday Enna went to my parents house and played with their dog Copper. It looked like Copper was having fun but she is pretty old so she probably got sick of Enna's puppy ways.

On Sunday we went and visited my old friend Jonessa, she has a 1 1/2 year old Schnauzer named Buster. Enna finally got to play with someone closer to her age! They had a grand old time, but I think she really wore him out. She just has so much energy!

Enna is also learning some of the basics, so far she's getting sit down pretty well. It was hard at first because we couldn't do the normal "hold the treat over the dogs nose and push back" because she would just walk backwards. We had to back her into a corner so she had no choice but to sit. She picked it up REALLY quickly and within 10 minutes we could just say sit with no treat and she's sit, but it would take her a few second to realize that's what we wanted. She'd then get her treat walk around in a circle and come sit back down and cock her head to the side like, "Okay I sat again, treat time!" I cant wait for puppy preschool, I think she'll really benefit from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment