Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sophi had me worried sick!

So this morning around 7:45 I realize that I cant find my cat. Usually she stays in the same room that John and I are in but this morning she wasn't on her usual perch on the toilet while I dry my hair.

I hurried and finished getting ready for work and then searched the house for her, I could find her anywhere and it hit me, she might have gotten outside at 5:30 when Enna and I were trying to come back in from Enna's potty time. I was having a hard time closing the door and the blinds were getting in the way so I thought she must have gotten past my foot in the ciaos of it all. (If you have never had to fight with a sliding glass door, a wiggly puppy, and the most retarded blinds in the world while keeping a cat in the house, you dont know what ciaos I'm referring to)

I think all the blood left my body, Sophi has never been outside by herself before, she doesn't have front claws and the neighborhood cats aren't very nice to each other. I walked up and down our street calling her name and trying not to cry but she didn't come, I even walked to 4800 South because I was worried that she might have gotten hit by a car. I was an hour late for work by this point and I needed to leave so I asked Ben, John's brother, to look around for her when he came to let Enna out. Him and my dad walked around my neighborhood looking for her and they didn't find her either.
By this point I was in a panic, of course everyone was saying "she's fine" "she'll come home" but I always seem to think negatively. This isn't Homeward Bound, she's never been outside our yard, how will she know how to come home?

I text Ben asking if he'd check the house again when he came back from work, she likes to climb in things and get stuck. She was stuck in our bedroom closet last month for two hours because John didn't notice she was in there and closed the door and she use to climb in the space between the upstairs and downstairs until I made John block it off. I told Ben to open all the cabinets because she crawls in them if we leave them open too long.

Ben called me at work at 1:30 telling me that he "found a kitty" I just started bawling, I was so glad that she was in the house and safe! I guess she crawled into the cabinet that we keep our cereal in when John got some this morning. I thought I could hear meowing this morning but I couldn't really hear over Enna's barking so I thought I was probably hearing things.

So things are better now and I can breath a sigh of relief, I dont know what I'd do if I didn't have that little fluff ball taking up the whole bed at night. Lets hope she doesn't give me another heart attack for a while now :)




No comments:

Post a Comment